Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beauty and the Beast tv show


I've been sharing some of my favorite versions of Beauty and the Beast, and this show isn't exactly a favorite, it's the only one in the television genre (that I've come across, enlighten me if I'm wrong. Aside from the Syfy version I haven't seen and probably never will).
Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton star in this modern interpretation from the 80s. The Beast lives underground and saves Catherine (the Beauty) from some thugs one day. They fall in love and run around saving people, mostly each other. A lot of people really like this show, so I hope I don't offend anyone when I say, this show is pretty terrible, it's just so bad it's funny. The Beast (Vincent) has a bond with Catherine such that he can sense whenever she's in trouble and will immediately come to her aid.
Although, I'd be totally lying if I denied that, in between laughing at the script, I secretly enjoy it. It didn't help that my first introduction to this little treasure was a movie version that was edited terribly so that they would make references to past experiences that were in the shows but not in the movie, therefore the audience had no idea what they were talking about.

This isn't Linda Hamilton's only brush with Beauty and the Beast. Embedding has been disabled by request (grrr...) but check out this rather genious recut version of the Terminator movies, entitled "Beauty and the Beastinator".

No comments:

Post a Comment